- 08:30am – 09:00am : Eight Form Moving Meditation
- 09:00am – 09:45am : Sitting Meditation
- 09:45am – 10:15am : Walking Meditation
- 10:15am – 11:00am : Sitting Meditation
- 11:00am – 12:00am : Chanting Chan
- 12:00am – 1:00am : Lunch Social
Anyone is welcome to attend this practice. Some meditation experience is helpful, though not required.
The Half-Day Retreat is held on the first Sunday of every month, starting at 8:30am (for shorter sitting sessions on other Sundays, please see ‘Chan Workshop‘ for details). The silent meditation part of the retreat which ends at 11:00am, begins with Dharma Drum’s Eight Form Moving Meditation (a mix of yoga movements to loosen up the body and calm the mind). It is directly followed by 2 periods of seated meditation with optional walking meditation in between. Chanting Chan (chanting the Buddha’s name as a method of meditation) begins at 11:00am, please see ‘‘ Chant Chan for details. Both Chinese and English-speakers can practice Chanting Chan.
Lunch is free, potluck style, only vegetarian dishes with no eggs, garlic or onion is served.
Please email Iris Wang with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org